Fees and Payment Policy
The registration fee includes access to the live video stream, presentation materials and the on-demand library. If registering online, payment will need to be submitted with the order. If registering with an ACAMS representative, payment may be submitted at that time, or you may request to be invoiced.
Payment is due within 30 days of registering. If registering within 30 days of the conference, payment is due immediately.
Upon submitting payment, the attendee (individual and group users) will receive an email with login information to join the live broadcast on September 26 – 28, 2016.
Paid attendees will receive a link to the online conference materials on Wednesday, September 21.
Certificates of Participation
Certificates will be emailed two (2) weeks after the conference (in PDF electronic format).
Select conference sessions will be available in audio MP3 format on the ACAMS library page within two (2) weeks after the event. The library page link will be sent separately to attendees closer to the event date. Please note that video files of the live broadcast will be available for viewing but are not downloadable. Recordings are available for up to one year after the conference.
Continuing Education Credits
ACAMS members will automatically receive 17 CAMS credits for attending this event. Additional continuing education credits may also be available from outside organizations. Please contact your accrediting body directly for instructions on submitting an application. ACAMS is not responsible for securing non-CAMS credits on behalf of attendees.
Substitution and Cancellation Policy
Substitutions of registered attendees must be submitted in writing to email@example.com by 12:00 PM (ET) on September 22. If the registrant does not designate a substitute attendee and does not attend the virtual conference, the registrant will be responsible for the full registration fee and will have access to the on-demand library post-event.
For a full refund, a cancellation must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 PM (ET) on September 22.
The virtual conference software is provided by Digitell. In order to ensure a smooth event experience, attendees should review the list of system requirements below and run a system check before the conference. Refer to the frequently asked questions for more information.
- Adobe Flash Plug-in
- Internet Explorer 7+, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
- Broadband Internet connection
- Compatible with desktop computers, tablets (Android, iOS and iPad), iPhone cellular device and smartphones with wireless internet connection
High Quality – 1064 Kbps
Medium Quality – 664Kbps
Low Quality – 364 Kbps
The live stream player by default is set to Auto, which will attempt to give each user the highest quality stream based on the users available bandwidth, screen resolution and system performance.
Streaming from Home
User’s viewing the live streams from home typically have no issues with streaming at the High Quality setting.
Streaming from the Office
Users who are in an office environment and are sharing bandwidth with the entire office should check with their IT staff to determine if they will have any issues receiving the stream. Two additional items to consider when connecting to the live stream via a shared bandwidth connection include:
- The bandwidth available to any one employee can change throughout the day as other employees are uploading or downloading files, streaming videos, etc.
- If you are in an office setting where multiple people will be watching the same stream it may be advisable to check with your IT department to see if this will cause a strain on the offices bandwidth. If the IT department believes there could be an issue with having multiple people all watching the streams at their desk then two possible solutions are:
- Make arrangements to watch the live streams from home
- Inquire if a central location can be setup for all employees of the office to watch the stream together